MARGARET LEE BRANCH
SPECIES OF STUDY*
On The Internet
The internet has opened new doors to accomplish the Aims and Purposes of the American Begonia Society which provides the mission and philosophy which has guided the organization since its founding by Herbert P. Dyckman in 1932.
* To stimulate and promote interest in begonias and other shade-loving plants.
* To encourage the introduction and development of new types of these plants.
* To standardize the nomenclature of begonias.
* To gather and publish information in regard to kinds, propagation, and culture of begonias and companion plants
* To issue a bulletin that will be mailed to all members of the society.
* To bring into friendly contact all who love and grow begonias.
As branches, we also use them to guide our efforts. We are linked to the KOLZ Begonia Research Center's internet resource pages, Web articles and Web Sites to further the cases of the American Begonia Society and our host, KOLZ Begonia Research Center. (It also means that Michael only has to update those two pages and still have the information current and correct on all the sites that he's caring for.) As mentioned on those pages, he is always looking for new links to articles and sites. Do you have a site or know of one that should be shared? Please email Michael to inform him of new or broken links.